Saturday, September 4, 2010

hello world!

Welcome! I'm starting this blog as part of the OSA's (very well-coordinated) social media attack on the optics community, to provide different perspectives on what it's like to attend FiO, from students to famous profs. Being a recent PhD graduate and new postdoc, I am somewhere in the middle of the two (a lot closer to the student side). I think I was chosen for this honorable post due to my previous blogging experience as a grad student.

This will be my third year attending FiO, but it is the 94th OSA Annual Meeting and Laser Science XXVI - (note the lack of consistency in units). I am excited for another fun week in Rochester, attending the 'Oscars of optics' and learning about research breakthroughs in a very wide range of topics in optics.

No comments:

Post a Comment