Sunday, October 24, 2010

welcome to FiO!

First night at the conference, and it seems there's lots of people here already - it is great to see familiar faces. I just graduated a few months ago and moved from Boston to New Jersey, so this is also a chance for me to catch up with some of my former colleagues from MIT, as well as some from Singapore (I was part of the Singapore-MIT Alliance). Tonight I met up with them and we went to Jeramiah's (sp?) for some mildly fire-inducing ribs. I got all the juicy gossip from my old workplace, then we went over some practice talks for tomorrow.

I can highly recommend tomorrow's talk FME5 in the Spectroscopy, Imaging and Detection session, where the author's show how to recover diffused signals by introducing nonlinear media in the imaging system. Oh wait, I'm giving that talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment